Harmonic Digital Video Platform Powers CableNET HD Cable TV
Harmonic has announced that Cable TV provider CableNET has deployed its HD digital Video Solution and near video-on-demand (nVoD) network in the Maldives. The new service will offer CableNET 100,000 customers in the city of Male and surrounding island access to countries first MPEG-4 SD and HD, nVoD and digital channel mosaic services.
"We needed a bandwidth-efficient system that did not compromise on quality for long haul, inter-island transmissions. Harmonic delivered the expertise that allows us to provide quality MPEG-4 SD and HD viewing and interactive services to our customers throughout the Republic of Maldives." said Ahmed Shafeeu, Managing Director at CableNET.
CableNET’s HD digital video deployment comprises:
- ProView(TM) 7000 and 2900 integrated receiver/decoders (IRDs) receive the channel feeds from satellite.
- Ion(TM) AVC encoders and the ProStream(TM) 1000 stream processing platform compress and multiplex the video signals for distribution.
- The ProStream(TM) 8000 digital mosaic solution creates multi-channel mosaics.
- The market-leading NSG(TM) 9000 universal edgeQAM is used in the distribution of the programming over CableNET's cable and MMDS networks.
- Harmonic's NMX Digital Service Manager(TM) controls the entire digital headend.