AT&T Digital Life Coming to Atlanta and Dallas This Summer
After launching the “AT&T Digital Life” for service provider in February they have now announced trials of the product for this summer. The AT&T Digital Life services will give users control and security of their homes and appliances using any web-enabled device, PCs, tablets and smartphones, regardless of wireless carrier.
AT&T has created a new Digital Life group to manage the service. According to Kevin Petersen, senior vice president, Digital Life, AT&T Mobility, "AT&T Digital Life will change the way people live, work and play -- and meets a clear need in the market. The service is smart, simple and customer centric– freeing homeowners to do the things they want to do without compromising on the things they need to do to care for family and home.”
The Digital Life platform includes built-in AT&T mobile internet service and will also be capable of Wi-Fi, Z-Wave, and wired broadband connections. Trial subscribers can use their own-wired broadband solution with the Digital Life system. The home automation solution allows customers to automate the management of their energy, water and home appliances, while at home and away.
AT&T Digital Life will include numerous unique features and benefits:
- Professional installation of the platform, sensors and other devices
- Integrated, wirelessly enabled platform that combines home security and automation capabilities
- AT&T owned and operated 24/7 security monitoring centers
- A state-of-the-art user interface application, which allows customers to customize a solution based on individual needs, and the ability to manage and control their services from the U.S. or while traveling abroad
- The option to experience and purchase the service in AT&T’s distribution channels, including AT&T company-owned retail stores. The service will also be made available for purchase on att.com when available commercially.
- The ability to add more features and services after the initial installation, hassle free
“We’re planning a unique suite of services, from start to finish, that will give homeowners control of their property and their possessions through an easy to navigate user interface,” Petersen said. “Our focus is on providing our customers with a comprehensive home security and automation solution that offers the best possible customer experience, and uses the most advanced mobile internet technology on the market to make their lives easier and keep their families and property safer.”