Broadcom BCM7358 Powers Humax HD Satellite Set-Top Box
In their effort to reach more markets and bring down the cost of set-top boxes (STB) Humax has collaborated with Broadcom to develop the world’s first 40nm HD Satellite set-top box. The high definition satellite set-top box solution reduces the system cost for set-top manufactures like Humax and allow them to accelerate deployment of HD satellite STBs.
According to Dae Gyu Byun of Humax, collaborating with Broadcom will help Humax to achieve very quick time-to-mark and deploy the industry’s 40nm first set-top box, thus allowing more of the world’s home to experience interactive HDTV.
Broadcom's 40nm HD Satellite set-top box System-on-Chip (SoC) offers a high performance CPU, advanced security functionality and connectivity with support for DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance).
Features of the BCM7358 Powers Humax HD Satellite Set-Top Box SoC:
- 1080p AVC decode & display
- Integrated LNA, Tuner & DVB-S2 demod
- 16-bit DDR3 support for optimal cost/performance technology
- Over 750 DMIPS application CPU
- Over 300 M pixel/second graphics engine for 2D graphic acceleration
- DLNA with Ethernet
- Advanced security for all major conditional access