Embedded Automation Releases Digital Home Platform - mControl v3
After two years of development Embedded Automation has release a new version of its mControl application. The new mControl v3 is said to offer support for more devices, richer user interface, plus much more. mControl v3 also supports other Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication standards that will allow solutions providers to develop solutions that interface with other systems in the home.
mControl v3 makes it easier than ever before to access and control your home from anywhere using your favourite platform, whether it is a smart phone, iPad or web tablet. mControl v3 allows streaming cameras, connecting to the smart grid, and getting real-time alerts.
mControl v3 will work seamlessly with Embedded Automation mBee products and the ZigBee Smart Energy profile.
“mControl v3 provides our partners a scalable platform for advanced solutions – we can support our partners in the deployment of in-premise Energy Management Systems (EMS) ,” said JB Golee, President and co-Founder of Embedded Automation. “For making a residence more efficient or for our partners deploying an energy management solution to a range of homes, mControl v3 software is the cornerstone for Digital Homes.”
New mControl v3 features and enhancements include:
• Support for Embedded Automation’s mBee line of ZigBee wireless technologies
• mControl Editor – a browser-based configuration and administration interface
• Advanced surveillance with N-up camera display – allowing real-time streaming of standard and hi-definition IP cameras
• Native iPad/iPhone App – free download from the Apple App Store
• Enhanced mobile user interface – optimized for smart phone browsers
• mRemote (with Module Maker) – integrated remote control interface with device editor allows integration of virtually any serial, IP or Infrared (IR) device
• Data Logging infrastructure – captures history of status and events for analysis and when used with Embedded Automation’s mChronicle utility, allows data to be sent to cloud databases for advanced analytics and charting
• Enhanced database allows for device and macro reuse, and nested zones
• New code-based licensing method provides simplified activation
• RESTful API provides a simplified method for building apps around the mControl engine
• Many other core and driver enhancements
mControl v3 is now available from Embedded Automation’s web store and from the mHome Dealer Network. Users interested in upgrading from previous versions of should consult the "mControl v3 – Upgrade Guide" available on the mControl v3 product page.