HomePlug Powerline Alliance To Attend Chinese Technology Summits
In it effort the spread the good news of powerline communication, the HomePlug Powerline Alliance has announced plans to attend two technology summits in China this year. The HomePlug powerline communication technology enables homeowners to use thier existing electrical wires to distribute broadband Internet, HD video, digital music and smart energy applications. The Alliance believe this is a chance for local Chinese companies to gain insight into these leading edge technology advancements.
A delegation of keynote speakers, including some of the largest semiconductor manufacturers globally, will be presenting on the latest advancements in HomePlug technology for network communications. With millions of HomePlug AV products being deployed each year, and the recent announcements of HomePlug AV2 next generation and the IEEE 1905.1 hybrid networking standards.
Key themes that will be covered include:
Broadband Multimedia Services Connectivity
- HomePlug AV: Reliable Entertainment Distribution throughout the Home
- Service Provider Success Stories with HomePlug AV
- HomePlug & Hybrid Networking for Wired Performance and Wi-Fi Mobility
- Next Generation HomePlug AV2 Powerline Communications
Smart Grid / Smart Energy
- HomePlug Green PHY technology in the Connected Home for smart appliances, home automation and electric vehicle (EV) charging connectivity, plus all the technology details
- Netricity PLC for outside-the-home, grid to smart meter applications
“China’s interest in utilizing HomePlug technology is immense, from consumer electronics manufacturers and OEMs to semiconductor and smart energy manufacturers,” explains Rob Ranck, president of the HomePlug Powerline Alliance. “These two events are designed to give a deep introduction to the exciting developments, with details of how the technology is being implemented and how Chinese markets can leverage HomePlug technologies themselves. We’re looking forward to taking the HomePlug message to this dynamic market.”
Both events (February 28 in Beijing and March 1 in Shenzhen) are free to attend but space is limited. Please register at http://apps.homeplug.org/china2012. Attendees will also have a chance to win HomePlug products after each session.