Linksys by Cisco Dual Band Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Gigabit Router - WAG320N
Cisco announced the release of the Linksys by Cisco Dual Band Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Gigabit Router (WAG320N). The modem router has an integrated ADSL2+ modem for high-speed Internet connectivity and is equipped with the latest Dual-Band Wireless-N technology.
It also comes with Cisco's Network Magic software that helps customers installing, securing and maintaining their home network. The Network Magic software can also help customers to connect computers and devices to the Internet and troubleshoot connectivity issues with its visual representation of the network.
Features of the WAG320N:
- With the integrated ADSL2+ modem the WAG320N can connect to and share a high-speed ADSL line allowing high speed data transfers. The Dual-Band Wireless-N technology enables the selection of a clear spectrum in crowded Wi-Fi environments. Wireless-N allows families to share one broadband Internet connection with increased speed and reduced dead spots. Wireless-N offers much better performance than Wireless-G devices but is fully compatible with most Wireless-G and -B equipment. The enhancement provides for superior wireless printing, file sharing and picture and music streaming.
- With the integrated StorageLink port consumers can make their USB storage devices available on the home network or even accessible remotely through the Internet. With the integrated Media Server the modem router can make all music, video and photos available to UPnP compatible media players in the home.
- The Network Magic software that comes with the new modem router enables the product to be up and running within minutes. It connects computers and devices to the Internet to help see what's on the home network and makes it more secure through an easy to use wizard.
- The Linksys by Cisco Dual-Band Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Gigabit Router comes with an installation CD that is localized in 34 languages and is compatible with both Windows and Mac computers. Cisco also offers support for customers who are using Macs with their Linksys by Cisco router.
- The Linksys by Cisco Dual-Band Wireless-N Modem Gigabit Router comes with an Energy Star certified power adapter that helps reduce power consumption. The energy consumed by the power adapters has been cut almost in half. For example, a router used 4.6 watts of power and a new router with one of the Energy Star certified power adapters can use as little as 2.6 watts of power.