New Netgear Nighthawk X6 Tri-band WiFi Extender
Want to extend the WiFi range in your home or office? Netgear has just released a new Wifi extender, called Nighthawk X6. Using Netgear’s patented FastLane3 technology, it offers a dedicated 866Mbps 5GHz band for extending internet speeds to all of your connected devices throughout the home.
The Nighthawk X6 will work with your existing WiFi router. Nighthawk Mesh extender let you see the same WiFi network name you setup on the router to provide seamless connectivity will roaming around the home. It offers powerful features such as MU-MIMO and Smart Connect ensure every device is assigned a fast WiFi connection.
The Nighthawk X6 will work with any home WiFi router to extend its WiFi coverage up to an additional 2000 square feet. Unlike single or dual-band WiFi range extenders, this dedicated link is not shared with devices for internet connectivity and thus maximizes the available speeds to improve the overall network throughput. Nighthawk X6 is the first extender with Secure Boot, which ensures only NETGEAR signed software can run on the device for the prevention of tampering.
Nighthawk X6 Key Features:
- Mesh WiFi Network with Existing WiFi Router — Add-on to your existing WiFi router and get the benefits of mesh networking; one network name and seamless roaming
- One WiFi Name — Add devices to your network easily, no new WiFi names and passwords needed
- Seamless WiFi — Stay connected as you go from room to room without manually switching networks
- Tri-band WiFi – Two 5 Ghz and a third 2.4 Ghz bands provides reliable WiFi coverage and fast internet speeds with three wireless bands
- Dedicated WiFi Link – One dedicated 5Ghz band is for router to extender connection only and is not shared with connected devices to ensure that bandwidth is stable and not diminished
- High-Performance Antennas – Four high-performance internal antennas for extended WiFi coverage up to 2,000 square feet Amplifies the WiFi range of your router and extender
- Smart Connect—Intelligently selects the optimal WiFi band for every device
- Push Button Setup — Makes installation really easy
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)—Simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices
- Tri-band Access Point—Pair with your existing ISP gateway or router to enhance WiFi for your home or office
- Quad-core Processor—Boosts performance for better 4K streaming and lag-free gaming
- Secure Boot— Ensures that only NETGEAR signed firmware can run on the device to prevent tampering with the device
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports—Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect all your wired devices
- WiFi Analytics App—Optimize your WiFi network with the WiFi Analytics app for Android© devices
- Multi-Colored Indicator Light—Indicator light helps to find the optimal location to place the mesh extender