D-Link & CTERA Add Cloud Backup Services to NAS Device DNS-323
Starting this week owners of the DNS-323 ShareCenter Network Attached Storage (NAS) solution can backup their data to an external storage solution provider online. That is because D-Link has updated the DNS-323 with support for online backup services by CTERA, to safeguard against data loss. The service is totally automated and does not require PC software installation and works automatically directly from the NAS appliance.
The new service allows owners of a D-Link 2-Bay ShareCenter to automatically and securely back up data to reliable cloud storage and recover and access their files using a Web browser from anywhere, at any time. You can also roll back stored files to previous versions, up to 30 days old.
Unlike existing PC-based online backup services, the solution does not limit data backup to a single PC. Rather, it lets users backup all their important files from any PC to their D-Link DNS-323 NAS unit and safeguard them locally and remotely on the "cloud," with no limitations on file size, file type or the number of PCs on the network.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Easy setup -- no PC software installation required
- Fully automated online backup
- Unlimited file types and file sizes
- Incremental, compressed transmission with block-level data de-duplication
- AES-256 encryption with customer specific secret key, plus 128-bit SSL
- Retains previous file versions for up to 30 days
- Access and restore files from anywhere using a Web-based portal
Availability and Pricing
Online backup for D-Link's DNS-323 will be available in June 2010. All new and existing DNS-323 owners are entitled to a free 30-day trial. Annual plans are available starting from $99 per year. Pay-as-you-go plans are also available, starting from $4.99 a month, visit http://dlink.ctera.com for more details.