Protect your Connected Appliances with Control4 PowerPak
Control4 has launched a new family of power control devices for the Control4 smart home. The Pakedge PowerPak Power Distribution Units (PDU) help to protect your connected home appliances against surge protection, and with networking capabilities your dealer can monitor and manage the PowerPak PDUs remotely. The new PDUs also leverage SafeStart boot sequencing to power on devices such as modems, routers, and switches in the appropriate order – ensuring proper reset and optimal functionality.
This new family of Pakedge PowerPak PDUs join an existing line of power distribution units with models from 2 outlets up to 20. New features of the PowerPak line include thresholds for current and voltage draw, and self-healing for non-responsive devices. The PowerPak family of power control devices consists of 9 outlets for the U.S. and North America, and 8 with IEC plugs for international markets. The Pakedge PowerPak PDUs are UL1449 certified to safeguard equipment against power spikes.
According to Control4, a typical customer home has over 40 connected devices. Devices connected to a PowerPak PDU can be managed in a group or individually with port-level control and monitoring. Using BakPak, technicians can now define voltage and current thresholds for connected devices, receiving alerts if a device exceeds these thresholds and may be experiencing issues.
Dearlers, are also able to monitor and manage their entire customer PDU base in a single interface, with the ability to remotely remediate problems. PowerPak outlets are individually controllable through telnet or web browser, and can also be pre-programmed.
The new PowerPak 9 and PowerPak 8i have an MSRP of $600 U.S.
- Configurable power-up and shutdown: Configure the PowerPak to power on/off connected devices in any order for devicedependent hardware and to protect sensitive equipment against power flooding.
- Secure network control: The PowerPak is fully IP addressable using the built-in, secure Web interface.
- Web-based monitoring: Monitor the realtime and historical current and power usage of each PowerPak outlet, along with the input voltage and frequency.
- Configurable alerts: Define visual, audible, and email alarms with full logging for self-healing, input voltage, current, and temperature (sensor sold separately).
- Surge protection: Provides up to 6kV surge protection to your devices with voltage protection rating (VPR) of 500V for the PowerPak 9 with NEMA outlets and 800V for the PowerPak 8I with IEC outlets.
- Global, remote management with BakPak when on a network with a Bakpak Management Agent.
- Ports can be assigned daily schedules for ultimate convenience, security, and energy saving.
- SDDP integration makes it easy to add a PowerPak PDU to any Control4 project.