Zoran's SupraHD 674 Processor HDTVs Coming to Europe and Australia
Zoran announced that television developed with their SupraHD 675 HDTV processor have start shipping to European and Australian markets, with other countries due next quarter. The SupraHD 675 processor supports the latest internet connected television for the European and worldwide connected home market, with support for DVB-T, ISDB-T and DMB-T.
According to Zoran the SupraHD 675 processor-based HDTVs meet European advance requirements including UK MHEG-5 and NorDig markets. The SupraHD 675 HDTV platform is a more cost effective product and integrate all components, including DVB-T demodulator required to replace existing multichip solutions, said Zoran. DVB-T2 advance systems are supported by using an external demodulator.
"Delivering these processor platforms that comply with the most advanced European TV requirements are important milestones supporting Zoran's global connected DTV strategy. We are also working with our customers to provide platforms that deliver the same high performance in HDTVs that meet the advanced requirements specific to other growing market regions in Asia and the rest of the world," said Mustafa Ozgen, vice president and general manager Zoran's Digital TV Business Unit, Home Entertainment division.
Complete System Solution The SupraHD 675 product family platforms include all the key circuitries needed for delivering high performance Full HD 1080p DTV products to the expanding worldwide DVB-T, DMB-T and ISDB-T markets including:
- Multi-format high definition video decoder supporting worldwide internet and broadcast compression standards including H.264, MPEG-2/4, and VC-1
- High performance CPU subsystem enabling robust connected TV applications
- Advanced audio decoding, transcoding and post processing, including UK Audio Descriptor support
- Analog TV reception including NICAM audio processor
- Multiple HDMI 1.3 ports with Consumer Electronics Control (CEC) software enabling control of the TV by Set-Top boxes, Blu-Ray and DVD players
- Advanced video processing, color correction, sharpness and noise reduction algorithms providing the best picture quality available
- Common Interface module controller enabling direct access to pay-TV services without a Set-top box
- LCD Timing Controller and Overdrive support eliminating costly panel components
- Low power consumption during operation and stand-by supporting new ENERGY STAR 3.0 requirements