ANADIGICS Introduced Femtocell Power Amplifier Chip
Anadigics has introduced a new WiMAX power amplifier solution for femtocells and other residential equipment, called the AWB7230. According to Anadigics the AWB7230 chip covers the full 3.3 GHz to 3.8 GHz band and supports 3.5 GHz WiMAX networks worldwide, and also provides the highest level of power efficiency available for such applications. The AWB7230 meets WiMAX spectrum mask requirements and is an optimal solution for current and next-generation WiMAX Customer Premises Equipments (CPE) and small-cell base stations.
“As WiMAX and other 4G technologies continue to emerge, Anadigics is responding to customer demands for high performance PA modules that enable exceptional consumer and infrastructure solutions,” said Joe Cozzarelli, Senior Director, Broadband RF Products, Anadigics. “With the AWB7230, Anadigics continues to expand its product portfolio and demonstrate industry-leading performance by providing wideband coverage at high linear power levels, and with best-in-class power efficiency.”
WiMAX CPEs provide an alternative to DSL and cable modems, and also play a key role in the transition to 4G, by offering consumers high speed wireless connectivity for their homes, shops or businesses. According to industry organization WiMAX Forum, nearly 600 WiMAX (fixed and mobile) networks have been deployed in 149 countries, with network coverage forecasted to be available to over 1 billion potential subscribers worldwide this year.
Key AWB7230 Facts and Highlights:
• Manufactured using an advanced InGaP HBT MMIC technology offering state-of-the-art reliability, temperature stability, and ruggedness.
• Delivers up to +29 dBm of WiMAX power with exceptionally low EVM.
• Provides more than 30 dB of RF gain.
• Operates with 16% power added-efficiency at rated output power.
• Supports all the 3.5 GHz WiMAX bands, from 3.3 GHz to 3.8 GHz.
• Incorporates RF matching networks optimized for output power, efficiency, and linearity in a 50 Ω system.