Audacious Software Announce Shion v2.0 for Mac OS X
Audacious Software is proud to announce Shion 2.0, an update to their home automation solution for Mac OS X. Designed for the typical end-user who seeks a powerful automation system, Shion is an innovative program that brings home automation technology to the everyday Mac user, all without the complexity of traditional offerings. Using commodity X10 and INSTEON devices, the new Shion user can begin controlling their apartment, home, or office in less than ten minutes.
Shion puts control of the home (and other environments) in the user's fingertips by allowing them to monitor and control lamps, appliances, and other devices using their Macintosh with modern and legacy home automation technologies. Its intuitive interface allows anyone to get up and running with a minimal amount of configuration and input.
In addition to direct control, Shion also allows users to save and restore environmental settings as snapshots, without the need to write a single line of code or use a complex user interface. Shion features a complete AppleScript interface that allows the program to be easily incorporated into existing configurations. Events allow Shion users to bind snapshots and other AppleScripts to a variety of events, including sunrise and sunset, changes in the local temperature and prescheduled times.
Feature highlights include:
* Easy to Use
* Full support for both X10 and INSTEON devices
* Save and Restore Environmental Settings as Snapshots
* Easily Bind Snapshots to a variety of Events
* Fully AppleScriptable
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later (Leopard Compatible)
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 5.9 MB Hard Drive space
* Compatible powerline controller (PowerLinc USB 2, CM11A, CM15A)
Pricing and Availability:
Shion allows new home automation users to try the program without any risk. Shion is free for users with three (3) or fewer devices, allowing prospective buyers to fully evaluate the application without worrying about expiring trial periods or locked features. If the collection of home automation hardware devices grows beyond the three device limit, users may unlock full support for all of their devices for only $35.00 (USD). Users may use their license on all of the computers they own.
About Audacious Software
Audacious Software (http://www.audacious-software.com) is a privately held technology firm founded in 2008 by Chris Karr. Audacious Software focuses on the Mac and mobile platforms, with the aim to develop best-of-breed products, as well as provide outstanding consulting services. Copyright 2008-2009 Audacious Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. INSTEON is a registered trademark of SmartLabs, Inc.
- Western Digital Announced New Connected Home Device
- Western Digital Come Closer Home with WDTV Media Player
- First Cable Set-Top Box Solutions with Integrated DVB-C Tuners from Broadcom
- Broadcom and RaisingSun developed Next Generation All-in-One Digital TV Platform
- Netgear Released Digital Media Player: Digital Entertainer Elite