DEG Elects New Board & Expand Focus
The DEG (The Digital Entertainment Group) has elected its new board of directors and executive committee for the fiscal year starting 1 August 2009. Four of the five executive committee members are re-elected. The Group have also outlined its priorities for the new year: Strong support of Blu-ray Disc and sustainability and will expand its focus to include a wider variety of home entertainment platforms, including 3D and digital delivery.
Re-elected Executive Committee:
- Bob Chapek of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, chairman
- Ron Sanders of Warner Home Video, president
- Craig Kornblau of Universal Studios Home Entertainment, VP
- Mike Dunn of 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, secretary
Eisuke Tsuyuzaki, of Panasonic, was elected DEG’s new chief financial officer, the fifth post on the executive committee. The post was held by Bob Weissburg of D&M Holdings.
New to the DEG board of directors are Craig Eggers of Dolby Laboratories and Tim Alessi of LG Electronics.
Continuing Board Members are:
- Henry McGee, HBO Home Entertainment
- Karl Bearnarth, JVC
- Steve Beeks, Lionsgate
- Eric Doctorow, MGM Home Entertainment
- Blair Westlake, Microsoft
- Dennis Maguire, Paramount Home Entertainment
- Marty Gordon, Philips Electronics
- Andy Parsons, Pioneer Electronics
- Leslie Cohen, Sony Music Entertainment
- Chris Fawcett, Sony Electronics
- David Bishop, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Jodi Sally, Toshiba America Consumer Products