Landis+Gyr Released Power Center 3.6
Landis+Gyr has announced the release of version 3.6 of Power Centerits operating software for demand response and load management applications. Version 3.6 provides support for Gridstream RF network technology used in Landis+Gyr's L530 and L570 load control switches, as well as the L430 programmable communicating thermostat. Utilities with an existing Gridstream network can now use the same AMI network for all load management activities, providing reductions to both capital and operational expenditures.
Power Center allows utilities to operate a virtual peak plant by aggregating a large number of loads into a dispatchable resource. With this version, utilities can extend those features to Gridstream-enabled load management devices, while benefiting from improved user interfaces and more flexible configuration and scheduling options.
Key features of Power Center version 3.6 include:
- The ability to see, in near-real time, the load available for curtailment.
- Flexibility in scheduling load control events, and advanced cycling strategies.
- Applications for consumers to program appliances for achieving energy efficiency or to override control schedules using the Home Energy Manager portal and mobile application.
- A redesign of conservation event details page and new customer search screens to improve ease of use.
- More utility specific configuration options for devices.
"Landis+Gyr's load management solutions offer utilities the ability to leverage the functionality of their existing smart grid networks or operate devices over public networks," said Clark Pierce, Vice President and General Manager of Load Management Solutions at Landis+Gyr. "By integrating Gridstream devices into the Power Center platform, utilities will be able to take advantage of robust tools that make demand response programs easier to implement and more effective."