LG Electronics Unveiles New Products
Led by the new SL80 and SL90 HDTVs with their seamless design and ultra-thin bezel, LG Electronics highlighted its latest collection of home entertainment, home appliance and mobile communications products at the company's 2009 holiday preview event.
During its annual Summer Line Show today - at New York City's newly renovated Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts - LG showcased its products' "unparalleled performance by design" and latest technological innovations.
"Across our brand portfolio, LG products combine innovative features, intuitive functionality, exceptional performance and stylish design to provide consumers with something better than the ordinary home entertainment experience," said Michael Ahn, president and CEO, LG Electronics North America. "Our featured Summer Line Show products, from our 4-Door French-Door Refrigerator with automatic open/close drawers, to our mobile phone with touch screens, and our advanced new SL80/90 HDTVs, demonstrate how together innovation and design produce exceptional performance."
LG Electronics continues to expand the content-on-demand options for consumers by announcing a new alliance with VUDU, building on its collaborations with Netflix, CinemaNow, Yahoo! and YouTube. Through this new alliance, LG is giving consumers access to an extensive online library of high-definition movie titles. (See separate release for additional details)
Leading the charge with HDTV innovations, such as extensive broadband capabilities and enhanced picture quality, LG Electronics is further broadening its home entertainment product family with the unveiling of the SL80 and SL90 series of LCD HDTVs.
Now, there's an LCD HDTV that will truly turn heads whether the screen is on or off. The SL80's advanced technology and seamless edge-to-edge panel - over an ultra-slim bezel - establish a new benchmark in the possibilities of LCD technology. Available beginning in August, the SL80 is designed to deliver exceptional picture quality, sporting a 150,000:1 contrast ratio for greater color detail and deeper blacks. It also offers TruMotion 240Hz to handle fast-moving images at lightning speed.
Expanding its stylish line of seamless HDTVs, LG also unveiled LED versions, the SL90 series, which will be available later this year. At only 1.15 inches thick the ultra-slim models add LED technology for the ultimate in picture quality and further energy savings.
LG home entertainment products featured at the summer line show include:
- LHX Slim Wireless LED Backlight HDTV (Class Size: 55-inch*): LG's LHX offers superior picture quality with an elegant ultra-slim design - less than one-inch thick at its thinnest point. The HDTV uses a full array of LED backlights, which employ local dimming techniques for precise picture control, resulting in deeper blacks, wide color gamut and smooth motion, achieving 240Hz performance for more natural picture clarity. In addition, the LHX offers the convenience and flexibility of wireless transmission, allowing source components to be placed up to 30 feet away yet still providing uncompressed, Full HD 1080p picture signal transmission.
- LH90 LED Backlight HDTV (Class Sizes: 55-, 47-, and 42-inch*): As the first LCD to receive THX Display Certification in the U.S. market, LG's LH90 series of LCD HDTVs employs TruMotion 240Hz technology, allowing for a more satisfying viewing experience while delivering images that move more naturally. The LH90 LCD HDTV series also features LED backlighting, which employs local dimming techniques for precise picture control.
- LH50 Full HD 1080p LCD HDTV with NetCast(TM) Entertainment Access (Class Sizes: 47-, and 42-inch*): Using LG's first-ever HDTV with Ethernet connectivity, consumers can access even more content and video on their big screen TV without the need for a computer. This connectivity offers access to Netflix Instant Streaming, Yahoo! Widgets, YouTube, VUDU**, and access to music and photos stored on a home PC, so consumers have a choice when it comes to entertainment on a single device.
- PS80 Full HD 1080p Plasma HDTV with NetCast(TM) Entertainment Access (Class Sizes: 60- and 50-inch*): LG's first plasma HDTV with Ethernet connectivity allows consumers to access even more content and video on their big screen TV without the need for a computer. This connectivity offers access to Netflix Instant Streaming, Yahoo! Widgets, YouTube**, and can also access music and photos stored on a home PC. The PS80 also features THX Display Certification.
- LG BD370 Network Blu-ray Disc Player: The BD370 offers consumers broadband connectivity and advanced audio capabilities with audio format decoding, such as Dolby TrueHD/Digital Plus and DTS-HD for a crisper, clearer auditory experience. Other features include Full HD 1080p Blu-ray disc playback with BD-Live and BonusView, and NetCast(TM) Entertainment Access, which includes Netflix instant streaming, instant access to the latest movie titles from CinemaNow, and a world of entertainment options with YouTube access**.
- LG BD390 Network Blu-ray Disc Player: The BD390 boasts all the same core functionalities of the BD370 model but takes performance and connectivity a step further, featuring integrated wireless home networking for easy connection to the home network, and 1GB of built-in memory, offering consumers a simpler option for enjoying BD-Live content from their favorite Blu-ray movies without the need for a flash drive. Discrete 7.1 channel audio outputs offer exceptional connectivity and performance.
- LHB953 Blu-ray Home Theater System: The perfect complement to any movie enthusiast's home entertainment system, the LHB953 Network Blu-ray Home Theater System is equipped with a 5.1 surround sound system and LG's Netcast(TM) Entertainment Access, which offers consumers multiple content-on-demand options including instant streaming from Netflix, YouTube(TM) and LG's latest content provider, Pandora(R) Internet radio**, right out of the box. For those that enjoy pure high definition radio, the LHB953 combines Pure HD audio performance with Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby True HD and dts-HD Advanced Digital Audio Out for an uncompressed next-generation audio experience for your home theater.
- LHB977 Blu-ray Home Theater System: The LHB977 includes similar features to the LHB953, including NetCast Entertainment Access, but also features two HDMI inputs for exceptional connectivity to high-def, sources such as cable boxes and game systems, two tallboy speakers, and two stylish satellite speakers that offer superior audio performance and complement any home theater.
- M237WD: The M237WD offers consumers flexibility as it doubles as a monitor and a full 1080p HDTV. It delivers premium picture performance for viewing videos or using graphic-intensive applications with its 30,000:1 contrast ratio. Its two HDMI inputs make it a multimedia centerpiece, allowing consumers to easily and conveniently connect to other digital devices. A remote control completes the package.
- W2286L LED Monitor: LG's newest LCD monitor features an LED backlit display for advanced performance with a stylish, color-infused design. With 'Full HD' 1080p resolution and a 2,000,000:1 digital fine contrast ratio, the W2286L sets a new standard for desktop monitors.
- N2R1 Network Attached Storage: LG's N2R1 is the first-ever Network Attached Storage with a built in DVD burner. Compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac operating systems, the NAS unit also offers advanced data management. With its simple and clean design, the N2R1 is perfect for consumers looking for the one destination to access and back all their data files.
About LG Electronics USA
LG Electronics USA, Inc., based in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., is the North American subsidiary of LG Electronics, Inc., a global force and technology leader in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications. In the United States, LG Electronics sells a range of stylish and innovative home entertainment products, mobile phones, home appliances and business solutions, all under LG's "Life's Good" marketing theme. For more information, please visit www.LGusa.com.