D-Link Introduces "SmartBeam" Whole Home Routers
D-Link said this morning that they are launching a new line of Whole Home Routers with its patented SmartBeam technology. The new range of Wireless-N Routers is due out in the first quarter of this year. The SmartBeam-enabled wireless routers are ideal for anyone who suffers from "dead-spot" issues in your home, and will be able to work with a wide array of devices Android phones, iPad, iPhone, laptops, entertainment systems.
SmartBeam solutions being unveiled this week include:
- Wi-Fi Booster with SmartBeam Technology (DAP-1525) can be added to any existing router to instantly boost a Wi-Fi signal. Configured with switchable 2.4GHz/5GHz wireless bands, 6-element directional antennae, 4 Gigabit ports, Bridge and Access Point mode support, and multiple SSID support for different applications.
- Whole Home Router 1000 with SmartBeam Technology (DIR-645) is configured with a single-band Wireless-N 300, 6-element directional antennae, 4 Gigabit ports, USB 2.0 with SharePort™ and WMM for application quality.
- Whole Home Router 2000 with SmartBeam Technology (DIR-845) is configured with all the features of the 1000 series, but employs simultaneous dual band antennae (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) for creating two networks at once.
Also coming this year is a range of Powerline Ethernet adapters that offers a speed of up to 500Mbps (something similar to the Netgear Powerline AV 500). The lower priced PowerLine AV Combo Router (DHP-1320), merges PowerLine 200Mbps technology with a Wireless-N router and Ethernet ports offering customers three connectivity options to reach all the devices in the home with the optimal speed and bandwidth without cables or dead spots.
The 500Mbps line of solutions includes:
- PowerLine AV 500 4-port Gigabit Switch (DHP-540) with up to 500Mbps PowerLine performance and 4 Gigabit ports -- ideal for connecting multiple devices in the entertainment center. Simply plug in this small 4-port switch and enable networking over existing electrical wiring in your home.
- PowerLine AV 500 Adapter (DHP-500AV) and PowerLine AV 500 Adapter Kit (DHP-501AV) provides a single adapter and two adapters to configure a PowerLine network across existing electrical wiring in your home.
See also: D-Link Launches SmartBeam Amplifi Digital Home Networking Solutions