Netgear Released N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Netgear has announced the release of its N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (WNDR4000). At wireless data rate of up to 750 megabits per second (Mbps), the N750 powers through intense wireless tasks such as streaming HD video, multiplayer gaming and large file transfers. The N750 also acts as a DLNA Media Server for streaming video, music and photos from any storage device plugged into its USB port to DLNA-enabled.
Other features of the N750 are Netgear Live Parental Controls and a broadband usage meter. The NETGEAR Live Parental Controls, provide a centralized, flexible and reliable parental control solution for all devices on the network, including Windows PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets, giving children and teenagers a safer environment for online activities.
The 750 megabits per second (Mbps) is a combination of both wireless N bands: up to 450 Mbps in the 5 GHz band and up to 300 Mbps in the 2.4 GHz band. The higher frequency band can provide smoother, more consistent streaming to newer laptops, video game consoles and other dual-band wireless N devices for a superior user experience.
Additional premium features of the N750 are:
- Guest network access, allowing visitors to go online without having to be given the home network password and without gaining access to computers, printers, storage drives and other devices on the home network.
- NETGEAR ReadyShare™ technology, for connecting a standard USB hard drive to the router to share storage and a media library across the home network.
- DLNA Media Server, for streaming media to DLNA HDTVs, Blu-ray players and game consoles.
- Four high-speed gigabit Ethernet ports for ultra-fast wired connections.
- IPv6 ready, for future-proof compatibility with the emerging IPv6 standard for Internet addresses.