Western Digital TV Live HD Media Player is Now Windows 7 Compatible
Western Digital TV Live HD media player has become the first network media player to be compatible with Windows 7, the latest version of Microsoft desktop operation system. Along with its popular features, such as Full-HD 1080p resolution, network capability and the ability for anyone to play media stored on network drives and USB, any PC on the home network, as well as content from popular websites, on your Television.You can now get WD TV Live HD media player to play media files from you PC/Laptop to your big screen HDTV.
With added support for Windows 7 you can initiate and control the streaming of video, music or photos to the WD TV Live HD media player and home entertainment systems from any Windows 7-based PC on your home network. WD media player will play any compatible files stored on your PC or network, buy just right clicking on the file name in the folder or directly from within Windows Media Player 12 and choosing the WD TV Live HD media player as your desired player.
To get your WD TV Live HD media player to work with Windows 7, you will need to download the latest firmware from Western Digital.
Features of the Windows 7-compatible WD TV Live HD media player include:
- Full-HD 1080p video playback and navigation with the included remote control and crisp, animated navigation menus;
- Play a wide variety of file formats including support for the most popular file formats with no need to spend time transcoding;
- Play videos, music and photos from the Internet on your big screen TV and discover new music with Pandora® Internet radio or listen to thousands of radio stations via Live365 Internet radio;
- Ethernet port for wired or WiFi® connection(1) to access files anywhere on the network to play movies, music, and photos from any PC or drive on a home network;
- Turns a USB drive(2) into an HD media player and plays content from most popular USB drives, and digital cameras, camcorders, and portable media players that can be recognized as mass storage devices;
- Unlimited media collection, just add more USB drives for more space;
- Two USB ports for seamless media playback from multiple USB drives and ability to access them simultaneously while a media library feature collects the content on all the drives into one list sorted by media type;
- Transfer files by copying, moving or deleting files stored on a USB drive, a network drive, a camcorder, or a camera to the attached USB drive using the on-screen menus;
- Picture Transfer Protocol support to show photos and movies directly from digital camera or video camera and/or any digital imaging device that supports Picture Transfer Protocol;
- Advanced navigation options including thumbnail and list views, media library and search;
- Photo viewing to create custom slide shows, zoom and pan and search;
- Movie viewing with fast-forward, rewind, pause, zoom and pan, view subtitles, and search;
- Music playback with fast-forward, rewind, pause, shuffle, repeat and search;
- File copying between USB devices;
- HDMI® 1.3 port, composite video and component video output(3) for the highest quality HDTV or home theater;
- SPDIF digital output that sends digital signals to your AV receiver for the best surround sound experience; and,
- Ultra-compact design to fit easily into a home entertainment center.
Related Stories:Western Digital Announced New Connected Home Device
Western Digital Come Closer Home with WDTV Media Player